Aroma Thyme values your dollar and wants to make sure it gets to the people who deserve it the most. So let's talk about the massive conglomerate Anheuser-Busch InBev. These are the folks who make Budweiser and over 200 very popular brands of beer across the globe, and they keep growing. They just acquired the remaining 51% of The Modelo Group which is Corona & about 8 other brands, for about 20 billion in cash. They previously already owned 49% non-controlling stock of Modelo.
Did you know?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev bought out Rolling Rock, closed down the brewery in Latrobe, PA and is now brewed in Newark, NJ. As a result, hundreds of people lost their jobs in Latrobe.
- They also did the same to Boddingtons and many other breweries.
- Becks is made in St. Louis to save money, but it still costs the consumer the same price.
- The Budweiser brand alone shaved off 1 Billion dollars on operation costs a couple years ago. Which is why Wall Street loves them.
- Budweiser now uses rice pieces instead of whole rice. They stopped using their independent beechwood supplier to save money. It was such a hit to this company they had to shut down.
- Anheuser-Busch InBev will also build new brands that do not appear to be Bud products but they are. They make them appear to be a small craft breweries in a small towns with values - but its actually just a brand coming out of a big factory.
- After the Anheuser-Busch InBev takeover of Goose Island, they immediately started brewing their 312 in a larger brewery.
- It's all about money or saving money and increasing profits for this massive beer conglomerate. We have a hard time giving your money to this corporate mentality.
- So you'll never find brands like: Becks, Stella, Hogaarden, Leffe, Kirin, Boddingtons, Rolling Rock, LaBatt, Lowenbrau, St. Pauli Girl & now Corona.
The bottom line is we want to make sure your money goes to small, independent breweries and their local communities surrounding the United States and abroad.
At Aroma Thyme you will find small breweries and much smaller independent brewery groups.
We have over 45 different styles and over 250 beers.
The best way to experience beer at Aroma Thyme is to get a flight of tap beers or attend one of out monthly beer dinners.
More power to you for exposing this scandal and refusing to participate.
More power to you for not participating in this shameful profiteering exercise
Post a Comment